A paperfolding paradise
The website of writer and paperfolding designer David Mitchell
|Giuochi Fanciulleschi Siciliani by Giuseppe Pitri, 1883|
Fanciulleschi Siciliani' by Giuseppe Pitri was published
by Luigi Pedone Lauriel in Palermo in 1883. It contains a
list of some well known paperfolds, and a few
illustrations, in a chapter about card games, right at
the end of the book.
A full copy of the work can be viewed at https://archive.org/stream/giuochifanciull00pitrgoog#page/n12/mode/2up
Here is the list:
Designs 1 to 5 can be definitively identified as the Cocotte / Pajarita, the Chinese Junk, the Paper Dart, the Waterbomb and the Portfolio because they are pictured in plate IV below.
Google translates (or fails to translate) the olthers as follows:
6. Lu Bottu (Scattiolu in Riesi): No translation of the names but triangular in shape, with which crackles are made.
7. Lu Specchio, lo specchio: The Mirror
8. The Casciuneddu, il cassetto: The drawer
9. La Carruzzedda, la carrozzella: No translation offered.
10. La Naveta, la spola: The Shuttle
11. Lu Cappidduzzu, il capellino:The Little Cap
I cannot definitively identify these designs from the names alone.
In addition Plate I contains a drawing of the Cut and Fold Windmill.